Since 2007, Elizabeth Lance has helped science & technology companies access millions in tax credits via her role as co-founder of The Ingenuity Group®. Her clients testify to the breadth and depth of knowledge of the Scientific Research & Experimental Development (SR&ED) and Ontario Interactive Digital Media (OIDMTC) tax credit programs. In September 2015, she taught the first Introduction to the SR&ED program course offered by AJAG Professional Development For Accountants and subsequently taught Avoiding Common Errors with SR&ED Forms. A graduate of the Lead to Win program for technology entrepreneurs (see the feature in TechVibes), she understands first-hand the challenges faced by young startups through her experiences with her own tech company, Virtuoso Music Technologies (2009-2011).
Elizabeth has won multiple awards, including:
- Forty Under 40 by the Ottawa Business Journal / Ottawa Chamber of Commerce. (2013) “The annual awards program recognizes accomplished industry leaders who are under the age of 40 and also give back to their community. Nominations were assessed according to a 40-point system: 20 points for business achievements, 10 points for expertise and 10 points for community involvement.”
- Named one of Ottawa’s 100 Rising Star CEOs by Invest Ottawa (2012) “To be chosen as a Rising Star, the key criteria included creativity, growth of the operation, and overall impact in the community.”
- Bootstrap Award Finalist & Silver Medal Recipient, Lead to Win for Women (2012) “The objective for Lead to Win for Women Award is to support women-founded enterprises, helping them to develop viable, sustainable, growth-oriented enterprises. This award recognizes Eastern Ontario’s and Western Quebec’s top female entrepreneurs whose enterprises have the highest growth potential.”
- Recognized as an “Amazing Woman” in the Business category of CelebrateHER.org (2012). Featured in a week week-long photography installation at Alpha Soul Cafe, 1015 Wellington St. W., Ottawa (March 3-10, 2012) & publicly recognized at the 2nd Annual Celebrate HER Charity Soirée.
Related to her management consulting work, Elizabeth has completed a Master of Applied Science in Technology Innovation Management (Carleton University), where she completed courses on Science, Technology, and Innovation Policy and wrote her thesis on the use of semi-automated methods (specifically, latent Dirichlet allocation) to explore the evolution of topics in Management Science over a 60 year period.
Print & Website
- CBC News – World Report (Politics): “Businesses hope clarified tax credits spur growth of R&D” (Print) – Jan 18, 2013
- CBC News – World Report (Politics): “Ineffective R&D funding system faces overhaul” (Print) – Jan. 31, 2012
- Ottawa Business Journal – Technology: “Labouring over R&D” – February 16, 2012
- CBC News – Ottawa Morning: “Local Horn Player Starts Musical Tech Company” – October 1, 2010
- Ottawa Business Journal – Technology: “Self-capitalized firms honoured at Bootstrap Awards” – February 23, 2012
- Techvibes – The SR&ED T661(13): The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. November 15, 2013.
- SR&ED Service Professionals Needed More Than Ever Amid Tumultuous Times In the Industry (prweb.com).
- The Joy of Tax Credits. Invest Ottawa, 2011. (Guest Speaker)
- Entrepreneur Keynote Speaker. Startup Finance Ottawa. September 2015.
- Setting the Stage for Success. Kanata Kareer Group. May 2013. Elizabeth talks about building professional credibility when you start out (or start over). (Guest Speaker)
- Pain, Progress, and Processes: How To Build A Business You Love. Ontario Self Employment Benefit’s Y Enterprise Centre Networking Session & Speakers Series. March 2013.
- Marketing in a Digital Age. Carleton Entrepreneurship Association. November 19, 2012. (Keynote Speaker)
- Judge. TechLinks Technology Company Showcase. November 18, 2013.
- Next Big Thing. Vanity of the Waltz: Top Business Women. Spring/Summer 2013.
- AVV Biz Talk Radio (Podcast). “We talked about Heineken’s great positive travel disruption, wearable technology and the latest technology, funding, tax credits and more! If you are a company that has technology (everyone) or a technology company looking to raise funds or get tax breaks, listen in.” July 24, 2013.
(The above list is not comprehensive – contact me if you have any questions.)